Monday, January 4, 2010



Hi there everyone!
The holidays are ending and soon school will be back in full swing – so I thought I’d let you know what I’ve been doing! Now I am in a convent, so there is a lot of prayer and mass—morning prayer at 6am and mass at 7am. I have been enjoying gardening with Sister Delphine, she has been patiently teaching me many things, like how to conserve water in irrigation and how to find the most fertile soil. Here you see me with my keyhole garden – it is supposed to conserve water. I also have been doing a bit of baking. I want to start a baking project with the girls in school for sale to local shops, so I had to practice during break. As you can see from the almost gone Christmas cakes, sister Agnes has been enjoying (and the rest of us).

Speaking of Christmas, my peace corps friend came to visit me and we made huge bows for the Christmas mass(es). We have also been making yogurt; I introduced the idea to the sisters and now it is quite popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment