Saturday, October 23, 2010

Phone took a plunge!

While in the latrine one fateful even
I thought I was in the process of leavin’
I got up to go and heard a small sound
SOMETHING
FELL
DOWN!

Feeling an emptiness inside my pocket,
Where my phone was, I MUST HAVE DROPPED IT!!!

I told the sisters about my disaster,
Hoping only for tea and a bit of small laughter
But jerry cans, banana leaves, and several poles
A soiled flashlight, and five hours old
--my phone! (and some other stuff)

The smell couldn’t be nastier

My precious phone, in critical condition
Was rushed, smell and all, to the nearest technician
I took the line, and in despair purchased another,
Only to find that the battery lasts no more than 24 hours.

The new phone, after charging daily
Refused all together, leaving me trailing
My parents frustrated, for lack of conversation
And me missing the small flashlights
for nighttime latrine visits

I plucked up my courage returned my new phone
to the store where they cheated me
and got some refund
Bought another Nokia,
just like the first,

called my friends
and edited my blog verse

No comments:

Post a Comment