Monday, December 20, 2010

Dandelion Love

Many times, when I think about all of the girls in the schools around me, all of the people in the parish, and all of the people that greet me in town, I feel as though my heart is too small to love every one. Love, however, is not a cup of water, to be poured into the dry soil of parched hearts. Love is a dandelion seed. When it is flying overhead, seeing the hundreds of grass blades around, it does nothing. But, when it lands and germinates in one small plot; it grows, it reproduces, and is eventually able to take over entire fields. I have a friend in the Peace Corps that is currently dating someone. They spend so much time together and on the phone talking to each other that I wonder how they have time for anyone else. It is, in fact, the opposite; as their love germinates, it grows, and I often feel that they do more for me than I do for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment