Friday, October 2, 2009

Long time no write

Sorry guys; there were some riots in Kampala and I was stuck at home, then the internet wasn't working, then etc, etc; anyway I'm in Peace Corps and this is what the booklet said to expect!
1. I am safe! If you want to hear more about the recent violence; look on BBC but things are fine both where I am and where I am going. well------ except for H1N1; as there are about 200 cases in the area where I am going in 3 weeks. I guess I will have newfound urgency in the teaching of sanitation and handwashing : )
2. The real viruses in Uganda are not Ebola or even H1N1 but computer viruses! People talk about having lost computers, flash drives, etc, to them. I wonder what the mortality rate of technical equipment is. Luckily we have some great techy guys and have recommended a virus control and firewall for my laptop.
3. Peace Corps is like a box of chocolates; first you wait for your country, then for your group, then for the language you will learn in your country, then for your host family, and now I am waiting for my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment