Friday, July 17, 2009


Here is another picture filled blog. These pictures were taken by Maria Kasparian, a graduate of my program and a great person to learn from. They were taken during our trip to Uganda. After the trip, I experienced some difficulties transferring my pictures to a CD, but Maria gave me a copy of hers. Thank you for teaching me so much, Maria!



Above is the source of the Nile at Lake Victoria and me getting some drinking water (thank you SteriPen!).
Here is Uganda Christian Univeristy (Anglican) and to the right is
Martyr's University (Catholic). Below is a group of students
from the private, non religious Nkumba university. We also spoke at Kyambogo University (public)The gracious and knowledgeable
professors and staff at such universities have many difficulties but
were very kind and hospitable.

To the right is a picture of students at the university. They
were professionally dressed, as is normal in Uganda. As a
Peace Corps Volunteer, I will be expected to dress professionally
most of the time; even when I get off of the plane!
Here are some life images; boats by the shore; people in transport. These are sobering, because they remind me that Peace Corps is not a thrilling adventure-- it is a learning experience. I will learn much more about the daily lives of people in Uganda; which involves both hardship and happiness.










No comments:

Post a Comment